Status: Open until position filled
Job type: Full-Time
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US non-profit organization promoting civil society development and good governance, is accepting applications for Program Coordinator for Social Innovation in Central Asia (SICA). The purpose of SICA is to cultivate a vibrant and responsive citizen-oriented civil society in Central Asia.
The Program Coordinator supports program delivery of SICA youth-oriented activities aimed at fostering a cohort of civically responsible young leaders across Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. The Program Coordinator will report to the Positive Youth Development Expert.
• Work closely with the Positive Youth Development Expert to ensure that SICA youth development activities are implemented on schedule and in line with EF policies and procedures
• With guidance from the Positive Youth Development Expert, draft sections of technical documents, including summaries of program events, quarterly reports, annual work plans and competitions’ announcements
• Provide program and organizational support for CAYLA online, hybrid and in-person activities in the region
• Provide logistical support for organization of CAYLA study tours
• Provide monitoring for CAYLA scholarship, mentorship and internship programs
• Provide support with data collection from program beneficiaries to monitor progress towards performance targets
• Provide monitoring of Youth Leadership Grants and Social Idea Accelerator Grants project implementation in Kazakhstan
• Participate in selection committees for grants for youth-led projects
• Foster collaboration between CAYLA alumni, new participants and partners
• Other duties as assigned
• At least two years of experience in managing youth-focused programs, preferably for an international organization
• Knowledge of youth leadership development and youth empowerment
• Demonstrated ability to research and analyze and make recommendations for improvement to relevant activities
• Knowledge of youth issues, relevant civil society actors and the political/social context across Central Asia as well as experience integrating youth empowerment and engagement with civil society programming
• Bachelor’s degree in international development, organizational development, public policy or other relevant areas of study
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Russian required
• Knowledge of Kazakh, Tajik, Turkmen and/or Uzbek a plus
How to Apply:
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
with "KAZ-PC-1" in the subject line.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No phone calls, please.