Status: Open until 5 October 2022
Job type: Full-time
Location: Almaty, Kazakhstan
Eurasia Foundation is accepting applications for a Grants Manager for Social Innovation in Central Asia
(SICA). Eurasia Foundation (EF) is a US non-profit organization promoting civil society development and good governance. The purpose of SICA is to cultivate a vibrant and responsive citizen-oriented civil society in Central Asia.
The Grants Manager (KAZ-GM) is responsible for the implementation and administration of grants awarded in Kazakhstan as part of SICA’s grant portfolio. The KAZ-GM is responsible for compliance with the approved SICA Grants Manual, as well as donor and EF regulations, to ensure grant-funded projects are implemented on time and on-budget. The position reports to the Regional Grants Manager (RGM).
- Manage the full cycle of grant awarding and management, including announcement, pre-award assessments, technical assistance to grantees and close-out in accordance with the SICA Grant Manual.
- Lead grant prescreening processes, including assessing the technical eligibility of prospective grantees, tracking review statuses and preparing detailed screening reports.
- Together with technical leads, negotiate and concur workplans and budgets with grantees according to recommendations of selection committees and overall program goals.
- Work with the Accountant to schedule reporting requirements and payments for new grantees.
- Negotiate and conclude agreements with grantees, consult and advise on program and financial reporting and prepare award documentation as required by the SICA Grant Manual.
- Deliver grant management workshops to new grantees.
- Consult and advise grantees via email and online platform on overall grant management, financial reporting and other points of implementation.
- Monitor grant budget expenditure, coordinate with technical leads and ensure effective grant project implementation against program goals, including conducting site-visits, organizing joint calls with technical leads and other SICA team members.
- Create and/or adapt necessary templates and other documentation for grant processes in the Grants Lifecycle Management (GLM)
- Provide consultations and guides for prospective grantees on use of GLM.
- Provide input on updates to the SICA Grant Manual, as needed.
- Coordinate with RGM, finance department and program staff on a regular basis to ensure the continuity of awards.
- Report on grant portfolio implementation on weekly, biweekly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration or other relevant field (Master’s degree preferred)
- At least five (5) years of experience in awarding and managing grants, preferably as part an international development program
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of USAID sub-award policies and regulations
- Good knowledge of civil society sector in Kazakhstan
- Familiarity with risk management approaches as well as experience creating and maintaining a database of grants and contracts required
- Advanced knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience in effectively using grants management and/or accounting software is highly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Russian and Kazakh.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
with "KAZ-GM" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.