Eurasia Foundation (EF) is accepting applications for a consultant to serve as Information and Communications Specialist for Social Innovation in Central Asia (SICA). EF is a US non-profit organization promoting civil society development and good governance, and the purpose of SICA is to cultivate a vibrant and responsive citizen-oriented civil society in Central Asia. The Information and Communications Specialist provides support for the design and implementation of the SICA communications strategy in Uzbekistan, including maintaining close working relations with media outlets, online influencers and public sector press services, and coordinating with communications counterparts at other USAID-funded programs.
The Information and Communications Specialist will work in close collaboration with the Regional Information and Communications Manager and the E-Learning Program Manager/Digital Platform Coordinator based in Almaty and will be responsible for the following:
- Localize existing communications strategies for program activities with clear interim objectives and measurable indicators
- Work closely with technical leads to ensure a cohesive communication effort across four program objectives
- Oversee the program’s website content and, when appropriate, contribute to its maintenance and update
- Provide comprehensive communications support for public events, including youth outreach events, TEDx-style events, summer camps, data visualization competitions and more.
- Support the design of program outreach materials (e.g., social media graphics, booklets, leaflets, brochures) and event-related communications products (e.g., banners, name badges, hand out materials)
- Coordinate communications efforts with other USAID-funded programs and EF projects in Uzbekistan
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
or [email protected]
with "UZB-ICS" in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.